Monday, October 8, 2007

Get Over The "Product Killer" Trend Already!

It seems like everywhere I turn these days, somebody's releasing a new product that is supposedly going to "kill" their competitor's product. Whether it be an "iPhone Killer", a "Sidekick Killer"or the latest one I've seen "MacBook Killer" (in reference to a leak from Engadget that Dell will be releasing a 15.3in laptop akin to the MacBook Pro in many features except the one big one: It's Not A Mac!). I think it's due time we get over it and move on to something a little more grown up.

I don't know, I guess it all just reminds me of two First Graders arguing about their super powers and which one has the stronger ones, where the first kid boldly proclaims, "Oh yeah, well I have an super megatron laser" a statement which is quickly blasted down by the second child's announcement of, "Oh yeah? Well, I'm super megatron laser proof, so you can't hurt me!". You get the point.

While I appreciate the competitiveness in the tech world these days, can we PLEASE come up with another term to use? On second thought, why don't we use it with things that aren't tech-related? It could be fun! I might be interested in seeing something like "New Lyndt Chocolates Could Be Next M&M Killer!" or "Macy's To Sell Greeting Cards, Could Be Hallmark Killer!".

The comment lines are open for suggestions.


Digg!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger