Monday, October 1, 2007

All This iPhone Criticism Won't Hurt Apple A Bit


It seems like everywhere I turn these days, I hear somebody griping about how Apple is turning into the new Microsoft, how they have become the "Big Brother" in their 1984 Macintosh commercial, and how they are against the developer community altogether by locking down their more than famous iPhone (so lovingly adorned the 'Jesus Phone' by many - mine has yet to walk on water though) with the latest 1.1.1 firmware update. And although there might be some aspects of truth in these statements, let's face it, neither Apple nor their ground breaking phone are going anywhere.

If you have ever heard the phrase "Bad publicity is good publicity", then you'll understand what I'm talking about. Every time somebody posts an anti-Apple blog, article or column.... BAM! Free advertising.

And then with the millions of people reading these sites every day, some who own iPhones, many more who do not; do we the faithful few realize how many people out there haven't actually seen an iPhone in person? I don't know about you, but when I hear bad publicity about a hyped product that I have never actually held in my hands, it makes me want to go to a store and check it out. If I do that, I might actually want to buy it, or at least another product in their store (I don't think I'm alone in this either. Has anyone been in an Apple Store lately? I always want to buy everything in there).

So, while we're sitting here drolling about how we don't like this or that, let us understand that Apple, Inc. is sitting back tapping their corporate feet to the plastic rhythm being made by the millions who are relentlessly pulling out their credit cards and blowing their children's savings on... you guessed it... Apple products!

In the meantime, my motto in regards to any kind of technology is and most likely always will be, "If it works for you, buy it. If it doesn't work for you, don't buy it."

It's as simple as that.

Digg!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger