Friday, October 5, 2007

I Might Buy From Amazon Unbox If I Could Watch It On My Mac!

When I first heard about AmazonUnbox, I was excited. Any kind of competition to iTunes Store is highly welcomed by me. I figure, let them duke it out while we as customers (hopefully) sit back and benefit from them trying to out-do each other. In this case however, I'm not included in the customer base because I don't have Windows on my laptop, and my DVR isn't TiVo. I can't even try it to see if I like it.

Ok, ok... I know that's the price I pay for having a Mac, but don't you think it would at least do them some service to at least include me in the demographic? I'm not sure how it is where you live, but I keep seeing more and more people with MacBooks, and while we might not be the majority even by a far shot, I think we're a large enough percentage to at least get a chance. (In all actuality, my beef is mostly with Microsoft here for not giving me a full version of Windows Media Player for my Mac - don't they have a store too?)

I can say that I'm glad that Amazon at least threw us a bone with their new Amazon|mp3 service. I love how their songs fully integrate into iTunes and any other media player out there, including any and all PMPs. I hope (and truly think they will) give iTunes a run for their money!

And to be honest, with the way Apple has been acting lately, I guess I don't completely blame Amazon for doing this. After all, it is their store and they can choose who they sell to, but can't we at least work something out?

I'm interested in other peoples' thoughts about this.


Digg!

1 comment:

Dan Matsuura said...

I agree... it seems like they should totally include Mac users in their customer base. Stupid Amazon... they're such numbnuts!

Powered By Blogger